Dreaming Dalhousie & Dharamshala
- Meals Paln Included
Dalhousie is a hill station in Chamba district in the northern state of Himachal Pradesh, India.It is situated on 5 hills and has an elevation of 2,400 metres above sea level.
Dalhousie is a hill station in Himachal Pradesh, established in 1854 by the British Empire in India as a summer retreat for its troops and bureaucrats.
It is built on and around five hills, Kathalagh, Potreyn, Terah, Bakrota and Bhangora. Located on the western edge of the Dhauladhar mountain range of the Himalayas, it is surrounded by snow-capped peaks. Dalhousie is situated between 6,000 and 9,000 feet (2,700 m) above sea level. The best time to visit is in the summer, and the peak tourist season is from May to September. Scottish and Victorian architecture is prevalent in the bungalows and churches in the town.
Dalhousie is a gateway to the ancient Chamba Hill State, now Chamba District of the state of Himachal Pradesh of India. This hill region is a repository of ancient Hindu culture, art, temples, and handicrafts preserved under the longest-running single dynasty since the mid-6th century. Chamba is the hub of this culture. Bharmour, the ancient capital of this kingdom, is home to the Gaddi andGujjar tribes and has 84 ancient temples dating from the 7th–10th century AD.
Dharamsala is a city and a municipal council in Kangra district in the Indian state of Himachal Pradesh. It is the district headquarters. It was formerly known as Bhagsu
Dharamshala is a city in the upper reaches of the Kangra Valley and is surrounded by dense coniferous forest consisting mainly of stately Deodar cedar trees. The suburbs include McLeodGanj, Bhagsunath, Dharamkot, Naddi, ForsythGanj, Kotwali Bazaar (the main market), Kaccheri Adda (government offices such as the court, police, post, etc.), Dari, Ramnagar, Sidhpur, and Sidhbari (where the Karmapa is based).
The village of McLeodGanj, lying in the upper reaches, is known worldwide for the presence of the Dalai Lama. On 29 April 1959, the 14th Dalai Lama (Tenzin Gyatso) established the Tibetan exile administration in the north Indian hill station of Mussoorie. In May 1960, the Central Tibetan Administration (CTA) was moved to Dharamshala.
Dharamshala is the centre of the Tibetan exile world in India. Following the 1959 Tibetan uprising there was an influx of Tibetan refugees who followed the 14th Dalai Lama. His presence and the Tibetan population has made Dharamshala a popular destination for Indian and foreign tourists, including students studying Tibet.
One of the main attractions of Dharamshala is Triund hill. Jewel of Dharamshala, Triund is one day trek at the upper reaches of McLeodGanj, about 9 km from McLeodGanj.
Day 1 Arrival at Dalhousie
- Met upon arrival and take a transfer to Dalhousie.
- Check-in to the hotel. Day is at leisure.
- Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 2 Leisure at Dalhousie
- Get up to a lazy morning and after enjoying breakfast, go for an excursion to Khajjiar, popularly known as Mini Switzerland.
- Return to Dalhousie and enjoy dinner and a comfortable overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 3 Dalhousie - Dharamshala (143 kms. / 4 hours)
- After a tasty breakfast, proceed to Dharamshala/Mcleodganj, where His Holiness Dalai Lama lives in exile.
- Upon arrival check in at the hotel.
- Spend the afternoon at leisure followed by dinner and an overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 4 Leisure at Dharamsala
- This morning set out on a city tour of Dharamshala visiting Dalai Lama temple Complex, Bhagsunag temple & Fall, Church of St. John, War Memorial, Kangra Art Museum, Cricket Stadium and Norburlinka Institute.
- Spend the rest of the day at leisure and comfortably stay at hotel overnight.
Day 5 Dharamshala - Chandigarh (253 km/7 hrs) or Dharamshala - Delhi
- Goodbye Himachal !!!
- Post breakfast drop to Chandigarh/Pathankot/Delhi
- Take sweet memories to your home.
- A Non Refundable Deposit of Rs.20,000 per person to initiate a booking if Travel Date is more than 30 Days from the Date of Booking.
- Photocopies of the passport
- Prior to 30 days or more: Non – refundable deposit (25%of the total package)
- Between 29 - 20 days of departure: Non – refundable deposit + 25% of the Holiday Cost
- Between 19 - 14 days of departure: Non – refundable deposit + 50% of the Holiday Cost
- Between 13 - 08 days of departure: Non – refundable deposit + 75% of the Holiday Cost
- Prior to 7 days of the departure: 100% of the Holiday Cost
Note: If the entire tour is cancelled after ticket issuance then there would be 100% cancellation for airfare (base fare). Only taxes will be returned and for land 75% cancellation.
- Land Transport - Car will be provided for sightseeing purposes and transfers as per inclusions & itinerary mentioned below.
- 2 night stay at hotel in Dharamshala.
- 2 night stay at hotel in Dalhousie.
- Buffet Breakfast & Dinner as per itinerary.
- Transfers & sightseeing by an air-conditioned indigo on sharing basis. (On hills the AC shall be switched off).
- Transfers and sightseeing by air conditioned private vehicle for guests who have booked the package by private vehicle.
- Anything which is not covered above.
Terms & Conditions
- Per person prices are quoted on twin-share basis (2 persons sharing a room).
- A maximum of 3 adults are allowed in one room.
- The third occupant of the room shall be provided a mattress/rollaway bed.
- The package price does not include –
- Expenses of personal nature, such as laundry, telephone calls, room service, alcoholic beverages, mini bar charges, tips, portage, camera fees etc.
- Any meals and services not specifically mentioned in the inclusions
- Airline seats and hotel rooms are subject to availability at the time of booking.
- In case of unavailability in the listed hotels, arrangement for an alternate accommodation will be made in a hotel of similar standard.
- Hotels in hilly regions do not offer AC in rooms.
- Room heaters if required can be provided on chargeable basis. These will be subject to availability.
- Transportation shall be provided as per the itinerary and will not be at disposal.
- AC will be switched off during hill drives.
- Sightseeing of Rohtang/Snow point, wherever included, shall be subject to availability of permits.
- It is mandatory for all guests to carry valid photo ID’s (Passport/Driving License/Voter ID Card). PAN Card is not accepted at many places as a valid photo ID.
- Service Tax shall be applicable over and above the package prices.
- For queries regarding cancellations and refunds, please refer to our Cancellation Policy.
Hotels which have been tested in the past by us and are good value of money.
City Selected Hotels Star Rating Nights
Dalhousie Hotel Grand View 3 Star Deluxe 2
Dharamshala Sterling Holiday Resort 3 Star Deluxe 3
Terms & Conditions
- Standard check in time & check out time is 1400hrs and 1200hrs respectively unless specified otherwise. Requests for early check in or late checkout is subject to availability in hotel. Request for guaranteed early check in requires room to be reserved from the night prior to guest’s arrival which will be charged accordingly over and above the agreed rates.
- Breakfast served in hotel would be on international menu clubbed with some Indian dishes.
- will process visa application for the group and will require the specified list of supporting documents for the same as per embassy regulations. However, Embassy reserves the right to grant the visa as will only act as a facilitator.
- Final day wise itinerary can only be modified by to accommodate all cost inclusions and commitments by in best possible way.
- It is advisable to carry at least USD 500 (or any applicable equivalent currency) per person for personal usage during the package depending on the cost inclusions. Immigration authorities might demand to show minimum USD 500 at the time of immigration from Indian nationals.
- Price quoted by is based on current rate of exchange, and reserves the right to amend these prices in case of any currency fluctuations and changes in various rates of exchange.
- Full payment is required on confirmation of all services and before departure
Please enter the below details and we will call you back for booking. We are available between 9 am to 7 pm. Query sent after 7 pm shall be addressed on next working day.